Thakkara is a dream venture, with a unique concept, by a group of enthusiastic young entrepreneurs, who thought of bringing exotic Malabar delicacies from the place of its origin, to break the monotony of food available in Kuwait. Yes, it is first of its kind in this land. We have taken care to the best to keep the originality of the cuisines by following the household practice of cooking and importing most of the ingredients from Kerala.
Good to know:
- The Malabari cuisine has ample use of coconut, coconut oil, and exotic spices. At Thakkara we use fresh coconut, pure coconut oil and freshly ground spices.
- Most of our dishes are made of household recipes..
- Thakkara is born with a passion… a passion to serve authentic malabari delicacies.
- Housewives are involved in creating the Thakkara menu.. If you feel homely, it is not coincidence.
- In Thakkara, we use fresh Mutton, Fish (on availability), rice, spices and ingredients specially imported from India
- Specialty items required complicated methods of preparation, long marinating time and slow cooking for the perfection. These items are available as daily special or on advance order. Please check with your server for the items available today.
- Surprise your guests with an inimitable malabari menu? We have much more traditional malabari items for parties and special orders on competitive price. Please contact the Restaurant Manager for special party menu.